Surgery: Liver Tumor
The liver is the most important part of the human body and is located in the upper part of the abdomen.The liver is divided into the right and left lobes which are further divided into 8 segments.The liver is the largest organ of the human body and the weight of an adult liver is about 1.2 kg.The liversynthesizes bile which leaves the liver through bile ducts (hepatic ducts). It also helps in the detoxification of organisms.
1. Alcohol-induced liver cirrhosis- The liver gets damaged because of regular consumption of Alcohol and this is the most common cause of liver damage.
2. Acute liver failure- rapid progression of jaundice and complete liver failure in a short span of time. The most common cause is alcohol, viral hepatitis and liver toxic drugs.
3. Hepatitis B/C induced liver cirrhosis- hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) is common cause of chronic liver cirrhosis leading to end stage liver disease.
4. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)- Obesity and fatty liver is becoming a leading cause of end-stage liver disease and liver cirrhosis worldwide.
5. Liver cancers- Liver cancer begins in the cell of the liver.There are several types of liver cancer of which hepatocellular carcinoma is the most common.
6. Primary biliary cirrhosis- It is a disease which damages the bile ducts of liver leading to liver cirrhosis.
7. Budd Chiari syndrome- Obstruction of hepatic venous outflow, leading to ascites and damage tothe liver.
8. Wilsons disease- In this the copper gets deposits in liver which leads to liver failure.
9. Sclerosing cholangitis.
Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C. Fatty liver disease and cirrhosis, Liver cancer, and Inherited diseases, such as hemochromatosis and Wilson disease are some of the most common liver diseases. Which can further lead to liver failure. A Liver Transplant is the last option that is there for the patient to survive.
Dr.Waliullah Siddiquiis one of the best liver transplant specialists He has done a lot of successfultransplants and has brought a smile to the face of lots of patients. The first cadaver transplant in Uttar Pradesh Lucknow was also done by
the best liver transplant surgeon Doctor Waliullah Siddiqui.